1) Objective : To reduce purification cost and purify bulk amounts.
- Continuous production system producing the very uniform physical properties products.
- Cut-down of purification processing time by 50% or more than 50%
- High purity materials produced, above than 99%
- Improve the recovery efficiency at 10%
- Possible to control particle sizes and its distribution
3) Comparison with the current process
The current general manufacturing process
Laminar Taylor Reactor’s manufacturing process
4) Research data
The separation of Mixtures by the physical property of solubility depending on Temperature
The cooling crystallization process is the best technique to produce high purity crystals consisting of uniform size distribution.
Suitable for the production of High purity materials
Quality check-points : crystal or particle size, size distribution and shape
Add Reaction Time and Cooling Temp.
Agitation speed and Cooling rate
Crystallization technique induced by the addition of Anti-solvent which achieves supersaturation.
anti-solvent ratio and reaction time
5) Result : “there must be the process in which Impurities can be removed”
- Impurity #1 and #3 circled in blue are removed in the Drowning-out process
- Impurity #2 and #3 circled in blue are removed in the Cooling crystallization process.
- Impurity #4 circled in violet is removed by processing both of Drowning-out and Cooling crystallization.
- Possible to remove most of impurities found in OLED materials
||Laminar’s Taylor Reactor
|Laminar’s Taylor Reactor
1. Feed the substances(powder) into a chamber
2. Set Vacuum intensity and Temperature Gradient
3. Transfer the powder by force of pressure difference
1. Dissolve the substance into THF
2. Inject or feed the anti-solvent(water or Hexane)
3. Discharge in slurry form
4. Solid-Liquid separation(solid-high purity material)
||102 ~ 106
|Reaction time (h)